Ingredients for a fantastic Chicken Cacciatore the whole family will love:
- 4 ounces boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, orange etc)
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup No Salt Added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat noodles
-Heat a non-stick skillet and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook chicken about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
-In same skillet add remaining oil, mushrooms, onions and peppers and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce, wine, oregano, and garlic powder.
-Return chicken to the skillet and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
-Serve on noodles.
Chicken Cacciatore nutrition per serving: 515 calories, 18 grams fat, 3 gram saturated fat, 66 milligrams cholesterol, 317 milligrams sodium, 50 grams carbohydrate, 10 grams fiber, 37 grams protein
Take a look at our other recipes.